Down to Earth is the debut studio album by American popular music singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett. It was produced by Travis Turk and was released in 1970 on Andy Williams's Barnaby Records label as Z 30093. A compact disc was released by Varèse Sarabande in June 1998
Down to Earth and High Cumberland Jubilee compilations. Redirected from Jimmy Buffett (2006 album)). American singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett's first two albums, Down to Earth and High Cumberland Jubilee, have been re-released numerous times in their entirety and in part in compilations.
High Cumberland Jubilee is the second studio album by American popular music singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett. It was produced by Travis Turk, recorded in 1971, and initially released in 1976 on Andy Williams's small Barnaby Records label. Parts of the album were re-released in various compilations until the album was issued in its entirety on compact disc by Varèse Sarabande in June 1998.
High Cumberland Jubilee Jimmy Buffett. Listen on Apple Music. 11. High Cumberland Jubilee, Comin' Down Slow. 11 Songs, 36 Minutes. Released: Dec 31, 1975. More By Jimmy Buffett.
Jimmy Buffett's second album for the now-defunct Barnaby label came out in 1976, but didn't see a compact disc reissue until 22 years later. It was worth the wait, as it features some of Buffett's best early recordings, including "Livingston's Gone to Texas," "God Don't Own a Car," "Rockefeller Square," and "High Cumberland Jubilee/Comin' Down Slow. Strong songwriting in tandem with Buzz Cason makes this essential in building up the perfect Buffett collection.
Complete your Jimmy Buffett collection. By 1976 Jimmy Buffett had found his signature sound. Listen to the cut "Death Valley Lives" and compare it to his 1970 debut album. Unfortunately, he didn't stick with it for the entire record. The album is an uneven mix, with up tempo songs like the aforementioned and "Travelling Clean", an oddly mixed two-step tune, "England", and a mushy ballad like "Livingston's Gone To Texas". I guess Jimmy had yet to give up his ambition to be Glen Campbell. On balance, a good addition to the Buffet discography.
Jimmy Buffett Albums. High Cumberland Jubilee Album. High Cumberland Jubilee.
|A3||Bend A Little||2:55|
|A4||In The Shelter||3:29|
|A5||Death Valley Lives||3:35|
|A6||Livingston's Gone To Texas||3:45|
|B3||The Hang-Out Gang||3:50|
|B4||God Don't Own A Car||1:59|
|B5||High Cumberland Jubilee / Comin' Down Slow||5:08|
- Recorded At – Creative Workshop
- Mastered At – Master Control, Nashville
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Produced For – Buzz Cason Productions, Inc.
- Distributed By – Janus Records
- Distributed By – GRT Corporation
- Published By – Let There Be Music, Inc.
- Published By – Buzz Cason Publications, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Janus Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Janus Records
- Copyright (c) – Barnaby Records
- Arranged By [Strings] – Bergen White
- Backing Vocals – Buzz Cason, Don Kloetzke (tracks: A6), Jimmy Buffett
- Banjo – Bobby Thompson
- Bass Guitar – Rick Fiel
- Drums – Paul Tabet
- Engineer, Producer – Travis Turk
- Guitar – Lanny Fiel
- Keyboards – Buzz Cason, Randy Goodrum
- Mastered By [Runout Etch] – RFS*
- Trombone – Bergen White
- Written-By – Buzz Cason (tracks: A2, A3, B1, B3 to B5), Jimmy Buffett, Lanny Fiel (tracks: B2)
Notes℗ 1976 Barnaby Records (label)
℗ © Janus Records (sleeve)
Santa Maria Pressing with "Not For Sale" printed on labels.
Recorded at Creative Workshop, Berry Hill, Tennessee
A1, A4-A6, B2 Published by Let There Be Music, Inc.;
all other selections Let There Be Music, Inc./Buzz Cason Publications, Inc.
1st catalog #: labels; 2nd: sleeve
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Label): BR-6014-A
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Label): BR-6014-B
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etch): BR-6014-A-1A RFS/MC S
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch): BR-6014-B-1B RFS/MasterControl S1
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|VIP-6413, (GRT-6003)||Jimmy Buffett||High Cumberland Jubilee (LP, Album)||GRT, GRT||VIP-6413, (GRT-6003)||Japan||1977|
|BR 6014||Jimmy Buffett||High Cumberland Jubilee (LP, Album)||Barnaby Records||BR 6014||Australia||1976|
|BR-6014||Jimmy Buffett||High Cumberland Jubilee (LP, Album)||Barnaby Records||BR-6014||US||1976|
|9190-6014||Jimmy Buffett||High Cumberland Jubilee (LP, Album)||Barnaby Records||9190-6014||Canada||1976|
|VSD-5776||Jimmy Buffett||High Cumberland Jubilee (CD, Album, RE)||Varèse Sarabande||VSD-5776||US||1998|