Merry Christmas’ is probably the only song that has been covered by both Bruce Springsteen and Mae West, but the definitive version was released in 1947 by singer and pianist Charles Brown as part of Johnny Moore’s vocal group Three Blazers. Brown, whose delicate slow-paced style influenced blues performances for two decades, said he helped Lou Baxter with the composition. I wrote the title ‘Merry Christmas Baby’, and I wrote the words, how I was going to sing it, and I mapped it out, played the piano, and I presented it to Johnny Moore . Grammy-winning Eric Clapton released his own Christmas album in 2018, after figuring out, as he put it, how to play the blues lines in between the vocals of holiday songs. His solo on ‘Christmas Tears’ is eye-wateringly good.
Read about Merry Christmas Day from Sir Jablonski & Group's Jamaican Doo Wop Vol. 1 and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Jamaican Doo Wop Vol. 1. Various Artists.
The Merry Christmas Album is the 58th studio album by American musician James Brown. The album was released on November 16, 1999, by Waxworks Records. It contains 11 Christmas related songs co-written with Derrick Monk who also produced the album.
Christmas Joy in Latvia – Latvian Christmas Cantatas’ (2012). If you're looking for actual, traditional Christmas music, you couldn't do better than this rich, fascinating album of carols done by the New York Latvian Concert Choir, which is conducted by 74-year-old Andrejs Jansons. Mixing modern and ancient, Christian and pagan, sung in a clean, distinctly Baltic vocal style, this music powerfully evokes the richly textured, American immigrant experience.
1. At the Christmas Ball Lyrics. Bessie Smith Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963. RIFF’d: Nas’ ‘Nasir’. Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965.
The Merry Christmas Album. Brown also spices up standards like "Sleigh Ride" and celebrates the year 2000 with "Funky Christmas Millennium
|A2||We Wish You A Merry Christmas|
|A3||Deck The Halls|
|A4||Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer|
|A5||Santa Claus Is Coming To Town|
|A6||The First Noel|
|A7||Joy To The World|
|A8||We Wish You A Merry Christmas (Chorus)|
|B1||The Christmas Song|
|B2||I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus|
|B4||Auld Lang Syne|
- Recorded At – Dynamic Sounds Studios
- Arranged By – Neville Hinds
- Backing Vocals – Haldra Chin, Pam Hall
- Bass – Courtney (Robber) Robb*, Lloyd Parks
- Drums – Donovan (Rocky) Campbell*, Sly Dunbar
- Engineer – Ruddy Thomas
- Executive-Producer – Carlton J. Osborne, Michael H. Scudder*
- Guitar – Wallace Wilson , Willie Lindo
- Horns – Dean Fraiser*, Frank Aird, Sammy Johnson
- Keyboards – N. Hinds*
- Lead Vocals – Lloyd Campbell , Phillip James
- Liner Notes – Courtney (Robber) Robb*
- Mixed By – Mickey Riley*
- Percussion – Marvin Brooks, Ruddy Thomas
- Photography By – Reggie James
- Producer – Phillip James
NotesRecorded in Jamaica at Dynamic Sounds Studios.
|WEB 132||The Blues Busters||Merry Christmas (LP, Album)||Weed Beat||WEB 132||Jamaica||1983|