That said, Sabotage and Celebration, his fifth solo outing, is a solid jazz recording. Escreet recruits the talents of saxophonist Chris Potter, bassist Matt Brewer and drummer Jim Black as his core quartet, but adds a string section, additional horns, David Binney, Shane Endsley, and Josh Roseman, plus vocalists, and guitarist Adam Rogers. With Escreet, the opposite is true.
Composed By, Arranged By, Producer – John Escreet. Design, Graphics – Howie Shia. Double Bass – Garth Stevenson, Matt Brewer. Engineer, Mixed By, Mastered By – Tyler McDiarmid. Executive-Producer – Michael Janisch (2). Guitar – Adam Rogers (2) (tracks: 5 & 7). Piano, Electric Piano, Harpsichord – John Escreet. Recorded By – Mike Marciano.
Sabotage And Celebration by John Escreet, released 15 October 2013 1. Axis Of Hope 2. He Who Dares . John Escreet - piano, fender rhodes David Binney - alto/sop. saxophones Chris Potter - tenor saxophone Matt Brewer - double bass Jim Black - drums and Adam Rogers - Guitar (tracks 5 & 7) Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi, Nina Geiger - Vocals (track 7). String Section Fung Chern Hwei - Violin Annette Homann - Violin Hannah Levinson - Viola Mariel Roberts - Cello Garth Stevenson - Double Bass. Brass section Shane Endsley - Trumpet Josh Roseman - Trombone. An attempt to pigeonhole the music on the album is futile as Escreet's compositional palette is as wide open as his piano virtuosity- complete without boundaries- and this new recording features such an ambitious production and scope it reaffirms with each listen that musical possibility is infinite.
Следующий твит пользователя. John Escreet escreet 25 июл. 2013 г. Читать Читать escreet. Читаю Вы читаете escreet. Отмена Перестать читать escreet. В черном списке escreet в черном списке. Убрать из чёрного списка Убрать escreet из черного списка. Ещё не подтверждено В ожидании: запрос на чтение от escreet. Еще. Скопировать ссылку на твит. Sabotage and Celebration - the new album, released October 15th on lwindRecord.
Sabotage and Celebration' is the fifth solo album from one of the world's most dynamic and original jazz artists, pianist and composer John Escreet. He is aptly supported by an A-list of preeminent creative musicians, including saxophonists David.
Young expat British pianist John Escreet wrote much of this material holed up while his adopted New York was shut down by hurricane Sandy, and rehearsed it at a gig in the city the night before Obama's last election win. Whatever influence that may have had on this session, the results very successfully balance musical symmetries and explosive traumas.
Listen to Sabotage and Celebration now. Listen to Sabotage and Celebration in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
|1||Axis Of Hope||2:12|
|2||He Who Dares||7:46|
|3||Sabotage And Celebration||11:40|
|7||Beyond Your Wildest Dreams||9:21|
- Copyright (c) – Whirlwind Recordings
- Pressed By – Oasis Disc Manufacturing
- Recorded At – Systems Two
- Mixed At – StadiumRED
- Mastered At – StadiumRED
- Alto Saxophone – David Binney
- Cello – Mariel Roberts
- Composed By, Arranged By, Producer [Produced By] – John Escreet
- Design, Graphics [Illustrations] – Howie Shia
- Double Bass – Garth Stevenson, Matt Brewer
- Drums – Jim Black
- Engineer, Mixed By, Mastered By – Tyler McDiarmid
- Executive-Producer – Michael Janisch
- Guitar – Adam Rogers (tracks: 5 & 7)
- Piano, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Harpsichord – John Escreet
- Recorded By – Mike Marciano*
- Recorded By [Strings and Brass] – Tyler McDiarmid
- Soprano Saxophone – David Binney (tracks: 7)
- Tenor Saxophone – Chris Potter
- Trombone – Josh Roseman*
- Trumpet – Shane Endsley
- Viola – Hannah Levinson
- Violin – Annette Homann, Fung Chern Hwei
- Vocals – Genevieve Artadi (tracks: 7), Louis Cole (tracks: 7), Nina Geiger (tracks: 7)
NotesRecorded at Systems Two, Brooklyn, NY on November 7, 2012.
Mixed and mastered at Stadium Red, Harlem, NY.
Comes in a cardboard sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 700261382388
- Barcode (Text): 7 00261 38238 8
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LZ73
- Mould SID Code: IFPI ALK03
- Matrix / Runout: MXE1503 [Oasis Logo]