The Will to Death is the fifth studio album by John Frusciante, released on June 22, 2004 on Record Collection. The album reached on the Top Independent Albums chart. These reissued records are 180 gram and come with a download of choice between MP3 and WAV formats of the album. Frequent collaborator Josh Klinghoffer appears, performing drums, bass, guitar, and keyboard.
Will to Death is the third stop on the John Frusciante Proliferation Tour 2004, after February's Shadows Collide with People, a bruised, seat-of-pants throwback to high-concept, tweaked pineal soul-seeking, and the side project Ataxia, a noisy and exploratory collaboration with Fugazi bassist Joe Lally. In comparison to those projects, Death is a plain dealer . The album closes with its title track. With another understated jangle tickling the left ear, Frusciante reiterates his philosophy in melody in the right- "The will to death is what keeps me alive"- and this time the twin solos are happier than silent sunlight.
Complete your John Frusciante collection. Reply Notify me Helpful.
Features Song Lyrics for John Frusciante's The Will To Death album. The Will to Death Lyrics. John Frusciante Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular John Frusciante Lyrics.
John Anthony Frusciante i/fruːˈʃɑːntɛ/; born March 5, 1970) is an American guitarist, singer, songwriter, record and film producer. 12. The Will to Death. The Web's Largest Resource for.
John Frusciante Albums. The Will to Death Album. Release Date June 22, 2004.
The Will to Death is the fifth studio album by John Frusciante, released on June 22, 2004 on Record Collection. Frequent collaborator Josh Klinghoffer appears, performing drums, bass, and keyboard. In 2004 Frusciante announced that he would produce six albums during a six month break from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, with The Will to Death being the first of these
|A3||Time Runs Out|
|B4||The Days Have Turned|
|B6||The Will To Death|
- Manufactured By – Noiseland Industries – 12-0400
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Record Collection
- Copyright (c) – Record Collection
- Pressed By – MPO
- Published By – Niandra La Des Music
- Published By – Earl Gray Music
- Recorded At – Mad Dog Studios
- Mixed At – Mad Dog Studios
- Recorded At – Larrabee East
- Mixed At – Larrabee East
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – SST Brüggemann GmbH
- Bass – John Frusciante (tracks: A5, B3, B6), Josh Klinghoffer
- Design – John Frusciante, Mike Piscitelli
- Drums, Keyboards – Josh Klinghoffer
- Engineer [Assistant], Mixed By [Assistant] – Jeff Moses, Rafael Serrano
- Engineer, Mixed By – Ryan Hewitt
- Guitar – John Frusciante, Josh Klinghoffer (tracks: B5, B6)
- Lacquer Cut By – K*
- Management – Q-Prime*
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Other [Equipment] – Dave Lee
- Photography By [Cover] – Lola Montes
- Vocals, Piano, Synthesizer, Producer – John Frusciante
- Written-By – John Frusciante, Josh Klinghoffer (tracks: B5)
Notes2012 reissue on 180g vinyl. The title is misprinted on the spine as "INSIDE OF EMPTYNESS"
Includes insert sheet with lyrics and credits and digital download card.
Recorded and mixed at Mad Dog Studios Dec. 18-19, 2003 and at Larrabee East Studios Jan. 8-10, 2004.
The durations are not printed on the release.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 093624880011
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out Side A): 12-0400 A JOHN FRUSCIANTE K SST NOISELAND MPO
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out Side B): 12-0400 B JOHN FRUSCIANTE K SST NOISELAND MPO
|9362-48800-1||John Frusciante||The Will To Death (LP, Album)||Record Collection||9362-48800-1||US||2004|
|DDCB-12513||John Frusciante||The Will To Death (CD, Album)||BounDEE By SSNW||DDCB-12513||Japan||2009|
|48800-2||John Frusciante||The Will To Death (CD, Album, RE,)||Record Collection||48800-2||Europe||2009|
|9362488002||John Frusciante||The Will To Death (CD, Album)||Record Collection||9362488002||Australia||2004|
|48800-2||John Frusciante||The Will To Death (CD, Album)||Record Collection||48800-2||US||2004|