Hjálmar live a somewhat unchallenged existence as the kings of the Icelandic reggae scene (as there are barely any other reggae bands out here), and while they do a tip top job of creating a unique sound, blending the warmth of Jamaica with the eccentricity of Iceland, this isolation means that their progress musically is slow and difficult. Órar’, their fifth album, is another step down the path that the band has been forging for the last seven years
2. Á Tjörninni Lyrics.
|3||Áttu vinur augnablik||3:07|
|4||Ég teikna stjörnu||3:42|
|5||Borð fyrir tvo||3:43|
|8||Í gegnum móðuna||5:16|
|10||Óðar þó ég gleymi||4:21|
- Clarinet – Maja Landin
- Lyrics By – Bragi Valdimar Skúlason (tracks: 5), Einar Georg Einarsson (tracks: 2, 9), Hjálmar (tracks: 3), Sigurður Guðmundsson (tracks: 5, 10), Þorsteinn Einarsson (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11)
- Saxophone – Óskar Guðjónsson*
- Trombone – Samúel Jón Samúelsson
- Trumpet – Kjartan Hákonarson
- Vocals – Althea Layne-Hamilton, Nicole Burt
NotesRecorded in Hljóðriti and Harry J, Kingston.
|borg013lp||Hjálmar||Órar (LP, Album)||Borgin||borg013lp||Iceland||2011|
|borg013mc||Hjálmar||Órar (Cass, Album)||Borgin||borg013mc||Iceland||2011|