Issa Bagayogo (1961 – 10 October 2016) was a Malian musician. He released four full-length albums all under the record label Six Degrees Records. Bagayogo lent his voice and played the kamele n'goni (a six-stringed West African instrument similar to a banjo) while Yves Wernert was the producer and keyboardist. Bagayogo died after a long illness on 10 October 2016.
Timbuktu is the first American release from Malian Issa Bagayogo. The album is a vision of Afro-electric music, a fusion of traditional African styles with electronica. This is constantly done in the dancehalls of Paris and Dakar by adding bass tracks and such over the top of existing African albums, but not with the same ability as here. The result is a flawless syncretism of Bagayogo 's vocals and ngoni playing with modernized synths and effects and some worthy guitar work.
Complete your Issa Bagayogo collection. Timbuktu (CD, Album). Timbuktu (CD, Album, Promo).
Artist: Issa Bagayogo. Download Issa Bagayogo - Timbuktu. Timbuktu: Best 2 songs. Issa Bagayogo - Nogo 05:31. Issa Bagayogo - Tounga 03:22. Issa Bagayogo: best 2 tracks. Issa Bagayogo - Kalan Nege Tassoumakan, 2004 04:07. Issa Bagayogo - Dia Bana Tassoumakan, 2004 03:41. Artist: Issa Bagayogo.
Listen to Timbuktu in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
|8||Saye Mogo Bana||5:15|
- Manufactured By – Six Degrees Records
- Licensed From – Editions Mali Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Editions Mali Music
- Copyright (c) – Editions Mali Music
- Published By – Mali Music
- Published By – 2.0 Music
- Recorded At – Bologan Studio, Bamako Mali
- Mixed At – Bologan Studio, Bamako Mali
- Backing Vocals – Déné Issébéré, Mamou Sidibé, Zaar
- Djembe – Alhassane Sissoko
- Flute – Djuru Diallo
- Guitar – Koko Dembélé*, Martial Berdat (tracks: 6)
- Music By, Translated By [Bambara/French] – Moussa Koné
- Ngoni [Kamélé n'goni] – Malick Diakité "Boua"*
- Ngoni, Ngoni [N'goniba] – Mama Diabaté* (tracks: 4)
- Producer – Philippe Berthier
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By, Bass, Guitar, Balafon, Keyboards, Programmed By, Scraper [Karignan], Music By – Yves Wernert
- Translated By – Daouda Ballo
- Translated By [Bambara/French] – Malick Tiefing Konaté
- Vocals, Ngoni [Kamélé n'goni], Lyrics By – Issa Bagayogo
NotesIssued in cardsleeve with insert.
All songs published by Mali Music (SACEM) / 2.0 Music (ASCAP)
℗ & © 2001 Editions Mali Music
Made in the U.S.A.
|657036 1062-2||Issa Bagayogo||Timbuktu (CD, Album)||Six Degrees Records||657036 1062-2||US||2002|