Sheila E. In Romance 1600 (CD, Album). Paisley Park, Paisley Park. 9 25317-2, 925 317-2.
Sheila E. – In Romance 1600. Records – 925 317-1, Paisley Park – 925 317-1. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album. Mastered By – Bernie Grundman. Other – Marie France (5), Sheila E. Other – Gareth Green, James Hajdukiewicz, Philip Carreon. Other – Jennifer Walton. is the third solo album by Sheila . released on Paisley Park Records in July 1987. Two singles were released from the album in the US, "Hold Me" and "Koo Koo". Love on a Blue Train" was the first single released in Japan. The album is notable for its Latin influence and prominent presence in this hybrid of jazz, rock, funk and salsa. The video for "Koo Koo" shows Sheila dancing with Cat Glover.
Album · 1984 · 8 Songs. More By Sheila E. See All. The Glamorous Life. The Glamorous Life (Re-Recorded) - Single.
Romance 1600 (full title Sheila E. In Romance 1600) is the second album by Sheila . following her debut album The Glamorous Life. Only one track, Merci For The Speed Of A Mad Clown In Summer, contained no musical input from Prince, having been recorded by Sheila E. and her band after the initial sessions. Sister Fate, 03:55. Dear Michaelangelo, 04:37. Merci for the Speed of a Mad Clown In Summer, 02:46. Bed Time Story, 03:41. Nostalgia FM. Berlin Take My Breath Away.
Romance 1600, released in 1985 on Prince's Paisley Park imprint, was precussionist Sheila . s follow up to her grammy-nominated debut album "The Glamorous Life". I really got into this album not only because of Ms. Escovedo's extrordinary drumming skills or her hypnotizing beauty, but because this album was loaded with that Minnesota funk/rock sound that her mentor (Prince) put on the map a few years earlier - and also on "The Glamorous Life". But on this album, the funk went a bit deeper. Romance 1600" gives you the impression of zooming uncontrollably down a rocky road with four loose wobbly wheels that are ready to detach at any moment.
The album cover found Escovedo and her band members sporting the attire of 17th century Europe, and the musicians were given such names as Dame Kelly, Benentino the Wizard, the Earl of Grey, and Sir Stephan. But once you get past the aristocratic imagery, Romance 1600 isn't much different from The Glamorous Life. Although Escovedo did most of the writing and producing herself, Prince's influence is strong throughout the album - "Bedtime Story," "Sister Fate," and other selections all have that distinctive Minneapolis vibe. The only track that Prince co-wrote and.
Is Romance 1600 the best album by Sheila . BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. Romance 1600 by Sheila E. (1985) Overall rank: 31,893rd. Accolades: Top albums of 1985 (368th). Top albums of the 1980s (4,257th). Best albums of all time (31,893rd).
Tracklist Hide Credits
Organ – Ken Grey
Guitar – Steph Birnbaum
|3||A Love Bizarre
Backing Vocals – Eddie Minnifield*, Prince, Steph BirnbaumBass, Guitar – PrincePercussion – Juan Escovedo
Backing Vocals – Eddie Minnifield*, Michael Weaver*, Steph BirnbaumBass, Guitar – Prince
Backing Vocals – PrinceHorns [The Horn E. Players] – Dick , John , Robert , Ron , Steve , Tim
Backing Vocals – Benny RietveldBongos – Karl Perazzo
|7||Merci For The Speed Of A Mad Clown In Summer||2:46|
Guitar – Steph BirnbaumPercussion – Juan Escovedo
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Made By – Warner-Pioneer Corporation
- Backing Vocals – Susie Davis (tracks: 2, 3, 6)
- Bass – Benny Rietveld
- Design – Laura LiPuma
- Design [Logo Design] – Margo Chase
- Drums – Karl Perazzo
- Engineer [Engineers] – David Tickle, Peggy Mac*, Susan Rogers
- Engineer [First Assistant Engineers] – Coke*, Sal*
- Horns – The Horn E. Players (tracks: 5)
- Keyboards – Ken Grey, Susie Davis
- Management [Directors] – Cavallo, Ruffalo & Fargnoli
- Management [First Assistant Director] – Constance Guzman
- Management [Second Assistant Directors] – Karen*, Nikki
- Mastered By [Musicmaster] – Bernie Grundman
- Other [Costume Designers] – Marie France , Sheila E.
- Other [Hair, Make-up] – Gareth Green, James Hajdukiewicz, Philip Carreon
- Other [Wardrobe Stylist] – Jennifer Walton
- Photography By [Additional Photography] – Stuart Watson
- Photography By [Still Photography] – Rebecca Blake
- Producer, Written-By, Arranged By – Prince (tracks: 3), Sheila E.
- Saxophone [Sax] – Eddie Minnifield* (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 8)
- Vocals, Timbales, Drums, Congas, Bongos, Percussion, Bass Guitar, Keyboards – Sheila Escovedo
℗ 1985 WEA International Inc.
Made in Japan
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Matrix / Runout: 32XD-370 11A2 +++++
|9 25317-1, 1-25317||Sheila E.||In Romance 1600 (LP, Album, All)||Paisley Park, Warner Bros. Records||9 25317-1, 1-25317||US||1985|
|7599-25317-2, 9 25317-2||Sheila E.||In Romance 1600 (CD, Album, RE)||Paisley Park, Paisley Park||7599-25317-2, 9 25317-2||Europe||Unknown|
|1-25317, 9 25317-1||Sheila E.||In Romance 1600 (LP, Album, Club)||Paisley Park, Warner Bros. Records||1-25317, 9 25317-1||US||1985|
|9 25317-2, 925 317-2||Sheila E.||In Romance 1600 (CD, Album)||Paisley Park, Paisley Park||9 25317-2, 925 317-2||Europe||Unknown|
|604.7151||Sheila E.||In Romance 1600 (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||604.7151||Brazil||1985|